Thursday, January 20, 2011

Swatches: Stila's The It Girl Palette

Hi! I'm so bad... I feel like I'm neglecting this blog. I really really want to update AT LEAST once a week. I have all these ideas for posts but between taking pics, uploading, and writing, I get sooo lazy. Pretty bad, huh? It seems like the only time I update is for hauls... Anyways, the reason why I decided to post today is because of this palette.
Cute packaging!

Taken under artificial light

I got an e-mail from Stila and they brought it back!!

Here the link if you want to buy, it IS limited edition:
There's free shipping with a $50 purchase. If you're a Stila Star member, use the code "IT GIRL" to get it for $11 (I don't know what that means, but that's what it says in the email). Code expires in a week.

I bought this a while back and finally opened it just to swatch. Haven't used it yet (I wear makeup on average twice a month....), but I will try to review it the best that I can.

Review: I bought it for $9.95, so it was pretty cheap. Cheaper than how much they're selling it for now. Total ounces come out to .32, about .107oz each. Stila's single shadows are .09oz each, their site says the shadows in this palette are smaller than their single pans. That's double the size of MAC shadows, BUT still smaller than a regular Stila shadow. 

It's pigmented and neutral. But, very shimmery. They're soft too, especially chloe. I used my fingers to swatch, and chloe just.. melted under my touch, it's similar to the texture in NYX's single shadows. That can be a negative thing, because my brushes tend to break apart the shadows... But it might be because I'm a bit heavy-handed with things.

Swatched under artificial light

& when the sun was setting. Really pigmented, right?

Lame: Lovely golden color that might not look good on me because I have yellow undertones. But who knows, maybe it'll look nice with green or black.
Chloe: Shimmery golden brown color. You won't be able to achieve smokey eyes with this shade, but great for all day wear. Even if you packed this color on, it won't get much darker than the pic.

Kitten: Truthfully, I bought this set because of Kitten. I've heard A LOT of good things about this shade, and just looking at it, I love it too. It looks like it'll work on all skin tones, a nude shade for people with lighter skin, and a pinky nude for darker skinned people. I'm not into smokey eyes myself, but I would use this with a charcoal color.

I can't compare these shadows to their single pan shadows, 'cause I don't own any of them. And I don't know if you can get this palette in stores.

Overall, it is a good deal. A regular eyeshadow pan costs $18 and you're getting this whole palette for less than that.

-Boudoir Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment