Thursday, January 27, 2011

Getting Ready for the New Year, Round 2: A storage and collection post

It's almost Lunar New Years, just a week left!! In preparation, I've been cleaning and organizing. I don't have a train case, and I love recycling so I've been emptying plastic cases and reusing it to store my makeup.

Here's how I did it... with side stories!
Pink bookshelf: My dad made this little book shelf YEARS (over 10!) ago.. I painted it pink myself and it used to house manga.

 Labeled with post-its...

Three tier plastic storage case: From Target when they sell their "Back to School" supplies. This was on top of my Coastal Scents 88 palette (the original, non-shimmer one).
TOP L-R: Skin Food Aloe BB, NARS Laguna, Bonne Bell Glimmer Bronzer, NYC Bronzer - Sunny, Physicians Formula 2-in-1 Bronzer & Blush (I hate this, it has a bad smell), NARS Orgasm, NARS Albatross, MAC Dollywink

LEFT: Physicians Formula Translucent Powder, Benefit You Rebel sample, MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer, MAC Prolong Wear Concealer, Maybelline Concealer/Corrector, Smashbox primer sample, Revlon Colorstay Foundation, MAC Studio Fix

MIDDLE: Clinique blush, Maybelline blush, Clinique sample, MAC Just a Pinch Gel Blush, Benefit Dandelion/Sugarbomb/Hoola/Coralista

BOTTOM: Falsies

Benefit boxes: Just Benefit items I haven't used yet, and don't plan on using until I start using some of the stuff I already have. Sits on the shelf that has a lot of random stuff on it...

Plastic shoe box: When they go on sale, they're only $1 from Walgreens!
LEFT: MAC Palette, Urban Decay Naked Palette, Wet n Wild Palette in Greed, ELF Palette, Urban Decay Professional Size Primer Potion

MIDDLE: Tart Eyelash Curler, more depotted NYX pigments, UD Primer Potion sample in Original & SIN, Stila Barbie Gel Liners in "Little Black Dress", "Colbat Clutch" and "Purple Pumps". The NYX pigments is covering up my Too Faced shadow duo in Mommy Dearest, Too Faced Second Base Eyeshadow Base, and MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study.

RIGHT: Revlon Quad in Berry Bloom, Clinique Color Surge Eye Duo sample in Chocolate Kiss, (2) Maybelline Limited Edition Eyeshadow Duos in Amethyst Diamond and Copper Diamond, Lancome Creme Powder Eye Colour quad, Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow in Romance, MAC Pigments in: White, Jardin Aires, Bright Fuscha, Grape, Tan, and Copperbeam

L-R
Row 1: MAC Shroom, MAC Naked Lunch, MAC Pigment (I pressed three into pans) Jardin Aires, MAC Grand Entrance, NYX Shimmer (From Shimmer/Peach/Copper Trio)
Row 2: NYX Peach, MAC Pigment Bright Fuschia, MAC Woodwinked, MAC Satin Taupe, Urban Decay Mildew
Row 3: MAC Stars 'n Rocket, Urban Decay Last Call, MAC Pigment Grape, MAC Sketch, MAC Black Tied

Moon Cake Tin: Forgot to take a pic of the cover. It has a pic of that woman/goddess on it. Fits my depotted NYX pigments. They belong in that shoe box too.

Hello Kitty box: From the $1 store. It was too cute to pass up!
Liners, jumbo pencils, mascaras

Clear plastic box: Also from the $1 store.
Lipsticks on the left, glosses on the right

Baby wipe containers: You can't believe how versatile baby wipes are. They're good for using on the face, on the hands, the body, the desk, for spills, for cleaning, for picking up dust, for the dog's paws, for boys, for girls, etc etc. Get them scented, get them with aloe, whatever. I can't live without having a container of baby wipes in the house. Check out the cute Pooh containers!
Zoya, Essie, and 1 Orly on the left, China Glaze on right

My brushes sit in one drawer...
Mostly MAC and EcoTools
While back-ups/extras sit in another

-Boudoir Beauty

1 comment: