Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Organizing My Lipsticks



I bought this clear box from Ichiban Kan and my lipsticks all fit upright in there. The lipglosses are too long, which is why they're laying on their side. I used my free birthday gifts from Sephora as dividers. Since I didn't have enough, I also cut out dividers from a MAC postcard (recycling all the way!). J/K, that's just a temporary solution until I cut out some bristol paper and decorate it. Maybe I'll glue some lace to the paper to make it look nicer.

Anyways, on the left I have my nudes and "natural" shades or shades that are slightly brown and closer to my regular lipcolor. In the second column, I have the lighter shades of pink. The third consists of darker pinks, mauves, and maroons, or I guess what one would call "plum shades". Fourth column are reds, followed by more natural shades. The last column contains lipsticks I don't use and colors I dislike.

Overall, I think this is a better way of organizing my lipsticks than how I had it before. Right now, I can see each colors and either... remember to use the ones I haven't used before OR think about using the ones I haven't. :)

My favorite lipstick actually lives somewhere else... It lives in a makeup bag that I carry with me every day. BTW, that lipstick is Rimmel's Airy Fairy.


-Boudoir Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment