Sunday, October 10, 2010

EcoTools 6 Piece Brush Set + Powder Brush Review

6 Piece Set Includes
-Blusher Brush
-Concealer Brush
-Small Eye Shadow Brush
-Eyeliner Brush
-Lash/Brow Groomer
-Cosmetics Pouch

Overall review: These brushes are all really soft. There's very little shedding and they don't smell. Also, the brush does not bleed like other cheap brushes. I like the fact that they use bamboo and recycled aluminum to make it. This means, we're helping the environment (even if it's just a little) while we also get to enjoy make up!

Note: If the company wanted to be more eco-friendly, they should sell each brush separately. I don't know if all of these come separately, but for some of the sets they keep putting in the same brushes. It's more eco-friendly to let the us CHOOSE which ones we want, instead of repacking sets with 1 new brush. I have two sets from EcoTools, and I'm stuck with 2 concealer brushes. I'm not sure why I would need 2 of the same brushes that I don't love. Also, I would love to get the stippler/finishing brush from the Alicia Silverstone set, but again, I don't want to be stuck with ANOTHER powder, eyeshadow, and lash/brow groomer. See, instead of saving the planet, more energy & materials are wasted to create these excess brushes. So, is EcoTools REALLY about saving the planet, or are they about profit? Because buying a set does cost more than buying one brush... 

Blusher Brush - My third favorite out of the bunch. I don't own very many blush brushes. I only have this, and 2 angled blush brushes (one by MAC and the other by Essence of Beauty). I reach for this brush whenever I apply ONE color on my cheeks. If I use highlighter or bronzer w/ my blush, I tend to use the angled blushers. If you don't want to invest in a powder brush, this will work in powder too. It's just smaller than the powder brush. Just make sure you use powder then blush. And if you put too much blush, tone it down with a little bit more powder.

Concealer Brush - I don't use this very much. Sometimes using a brush leaves streaks in my concealer, especially under the eye. I find that if I do use a brush to apply conceal, I have to use my fingers to blend too. This brush works like it's supposed to. It's good for getting into "corners" like around the nose.

Small Eye Shadow Brush - This is my second favorite brush in the set. It applies color well, and works even better when you spray water on the brushes before dipping it in shadow. I started using this less and less since I got the 239 & Loew-Cornell brushes.

Eyeliner Brush - I LOVE this brush. I use this with eyeshadow (as a liner) and gel liner. It gives me the perfect width, and I have a lot of control using this brush. 

Lash/Brow Groomer - I do not use this, I do not like it at all. The brow brush is way too scratchy, and the lash comb feels like it's made of cheap plastic. The teeth feel like they'll snap off any minute. My only other lash/brow groomer is made by Maybelline, which I reach for every time I do my brows. Enough said.

Cosmetics Pouch - Great for traveling! But a little useless if you own a bunch of brushes. This pouch only fits fives brushes and is a little too short for keeping brushes of other brands. If you wanted to store MAC brushes, it will fit MOST MAC eye brushes, but MAC face brushes are too long for it. I have never used this to store brushes or for traveling.

Powder Brush - I use this and MAC's 182 for powder. I dab this brush in my powder and dust it over foundation or bare skin. It is great for people who are looking for a brush that gives them light coverage.

-Boudoir Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment